Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just say Cheese!

As much as I hate to say it, Bush really gets my goat; or today, France's sheep. In his last days of office, he decided that he would enact one of those most effective and necessary items that somehow will add to his legacy of presidency.

He effectively has banned Roquefort cheese in the US. Yes, there will be no more Roquefort. He enacted a 300% import duty on Roquefort cheese as a knee jerk reaction to the EU restrictions on hormone-treated beef. What the heck? How does this help us, our economy, or how we will view Gov. Bush in the future?

All I have to say is that he has no taste in quality cheese.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh no! This really cheeses me off. What a blockhead. This last-minute decision just doesn't smell right.

Sorry. I couldn't restrain myself. Just another example of poor judgement and bad taste. I suppose we're all supposed to eat American cheese from with our freedom fries.