Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Why drop a boring spherical shiny object? Here in Maryland, we like to spice things up a bit (Old Bay style that is...) In Easton, MD they proudly have the dropping of the crab. Being about 80 miles from Easton, Dan & I chose not go to view the annual Crab Drop, but instead opted for a much quieter evening at home with friends. Anyhow, you know how raucous those Crab Drop party-goers can get. Dinner was Thai food, delivered of course, and we caught our friends up on the most recent season episodes of The Guild. Afterward, I tromped the competition to win the first round of Carcassonne. Afterwards I was stomped on by Mike, but that's all for the best. We had an excellent time of things, and finally crawled under the covers around 1:45am.

Right now, Dan is making waffles! and I am stuck under sleeping cats. We send to you all our best wishes for a wonderful new year. Remember, every day is fresh, with no mistakes in it.

By the way, this picture of a sleeping cat is not the one actually sleeping on me. This is Neko, sacked out on the porch after a hard day of pouncing. The current sleeping cat on me is Pascal. I can't even move to get the camera for that picture.

1 comment:

Kate said...

And Happy New Year to you and Dan, too!! I'm afraid I didn't even make it to midnight... We had a fabulous evening of watching The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai (can't believe I hadn't seen that one all these years!) and I dropped out a bit after 11. I must be getting old. Or maybe it was the Unisom ;)