Monday, December 29, 2008

Flying Monkeys


Have I mentioned that I have an amazing husband? Not only is he smart and handsome, he's also clever, sweet and adorable. For my 40th birthday, he gifted me with the entire L. Frank Baum books of Oz. From his own childhood, a special memory. Look, here we are straight out of Oz. He's a flying monkey, I'm Dorothy of course. Although you can't see them, I have my red slippers on (comfy ones that I usually wear with my PJs.) This was for Halloween... not some random day after work.

And for this Christmas, we sent to our niece Lily a copy of the first Oz book to allow her to share in our silliness.

For this holiday season, my Chanukah gift (or Christmas eve eve gift) was a PIANO! It's beautiful sounding. I am not able to let my fingers do the talking quite well yet, but I'm back up to playing some of the simpler Bach Preludes... Still needs a lot of work though. We still need to get a stand and the pedals, but right now it's getting a lot of use while resting on the living room table.

No comments: