Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays 2008

'Twas the weekend after Christmas, when all through the net
the family was blogging, at least getting their feet wet.
Our stockings that had been hung by the chimney with care
have now been folded neatly, and lie on the stair.
The kittens, as usual, are nestled snugly on top of my head,
my toes, my left leg, and on top of the laptop (I type one-handed instead.)
Dan on the Xbox, and I reading blogs,
are in the TV room, lying here like logs.
Up in the kitchen there are more dishes to scour,
but I think I will leave them, no more work at this hour.
There is firewood to bring in, and laundry to fold,
chores here and there... I think I'm getting too old...
Still, even with all the work, we've lots of holiday cheer!
We've seen local family and friends, called those who weren't here.
It's been a happy holiday, and we wish you a wonderful new year!




1 comment:

Kate said...

Hurrah! What a masterpiece. So glad you are joining the public forum out here, I look forward to seeing more posting:)